Wednesday, July 26, 2023

He Is My Portion

I'm going to change directions for a few days and focus on something else that is important to me. Living a healthy lifestyle. I posted three articles on my Facebook and now I want to share them here. This 2nd article was written on 7/25/23.

He Is My Portion

"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!" Lamentations 3:24

Time for honesty. (Gulp.) I've been struggling with my addiction to unhealthy foods. My desire is to live a balanced and healthy lifestyle which I succeeded in doing for about two and half years. The past three months, yeh, not so much. Yesterday, the Lord reminded me that He is my portion. My hope isn't in the half gallon of cookie dough ice cream I want to consume or the dozen frosted sugar cookies calling my name. (Not to mention both have gluten in them and gluten makes me sick.) My hope is in Him. Only He can satisfy the thirsting and hungering in my soul.

Yesterday and today have been good days. Thank you, Jesus. I haven't been able to say that for three months. However, even if I blow it, my hope is still in Him. He reminded of the previous two verses in Lamentations...His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment