Wednesday, July 26, 2023

His Grace Is More Than Enough

I'm going to change directions for a few days and focus on something else that is important to me. Living a healthy lifestyle. I posted three articles on my Facebook and now I want to share them here. This 3rd article was written on 7/26/23.

His Grace Is More Than Enough

I've written a couple posts about my struggles with unhealthy eating. I hope you don't mind one more. My prayer is that God will use these posts to encourage someone else struggling with addictive issues in their lives. (Not to mention, it helps hold me accountable.) May God be glorified...

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distress for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (NKJ)

Unhealthy foods are my kryptonite. Let’s face it, many of us have our own areas of struggle, some listed in the above verses. Paul called them "a thorn in the flesh." (See 2 Corinthians 12:7-8.) He begged God several times to remove the thorn. God’s response was, “My grace is sufficient for you.”

I’ve begged God to remove my craving for unhealthy foods. He hasn’t. He pretty much told me the same thing He told Paul. God wanted Paul and He wants me to be dependent on Him. Like Paul, I can't boast in my own accomplishments because, without Him, I'm a hot mess.

Without the power of Christ in my life, I’d be living with high cholesterol and high blood pressure, probably taking a plethora of meds. I was facing those physical issues two and half years ago when I decided to change to a healthier lifestyle.

Three months ago, I lost focus that it was Christ in me who helped me make healthy food choices. I bragged in my accomplishments forgetting it was Christ’s strength which gave me the power to withstand the lure of unhealthy foods. I became prideful and was determined to do it my way in my own strength. And God let me do it my way for a while.

The reality is when I am weak, I become strong only through Him. Thankfully, His grace is more than enough. Yesterday was another good day. As I focus on Jesus and the Truth of His Word for my specific situation, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Philippians 3:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment