Sunday, January 21, 2018

God's Got This

I AM WHO I AM #3
The Self-Existent One
Exodus 3:14-15; Ephesians 3:20-21


When God first revealed Himself to Moses, He chose to be known by the name I AM WHO I AM. After doing some minor research using a couple study Bibles, I discovered that I AM WHO I AM gives reference to God as the Self-Existent One, the Eternal One, the One Who Always Has Been and the One Who Always Will Be, the Ever-Present One, the Living One.

What should that mean to you and me? The way I look at it, we're in good hands. As the Eternal One with no beginning and no end, He has been more than able to handle everything which has come His way. He has always been in control and He will continue to do so.

Even though Lucifer attempted to overthrow God's kingdom, his efforts were thwarted. He may have thought he won a battle or two but let's face it, he lost the war.  In the midst of an attempt to destroy mankind (through sin), God was victorious through the shed blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. In the midst of world turmoil which even now we face, it's all within the capable hands of the One Who Always Has Been and Who Always Will Be. Nothing is impossible with our Self-Existent God. As the Ever-Present One, He knows about our personal circumstances. He cares about them because of His great Love for us. Absolutely nothing is to big or too small to escape His attention or go beyond His abilities.

Lord, we thank You for being our I AM WHO I AM. We know you are "able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think."* Our absolute faith, trust and confidence are in You. Instead of fretting about the downward spiral of our world in recent years, we will sleep well tonight knowing You are in complete control of Your kingdom. Thank You that You also venture into our small part of the world and know everything about us. Thank You for Your care, concern and love. We choose to put our lives into Your capable hands. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Practical Application
"God's got this!" That's a pep talk I give myself whenever I find myself in the middle of a trial where there seems to be no end or no way out. If I could open my spiritual eyes I would see that when I'm carrying a heavy burden, God is carrying me. Amazingly, even though He has the cares of the whole world in His hands, He knows the details about what I am facing and He's more than capable of seeing me through. The I AM WHO I AM - the Self-Existent One, the Eternal One, the One Who Always Has Been and the One Who Always Will Be, the Ever-Present One, the Living One - knows my name personally. That's humbling. What are you walking through right now? Just remember, no matter how intense the trial "God's got this!" You are safe and secure in Him.

*Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment